Monday, January 23, 2012

To my son





At this time on this day 13yrs ago I was laying in the hospital not knowing if I was going to live or die. I told the doctors that no matter what I wanted to wait until the very last second. After being in the hospital for 2 weeks and to weak to fight any longer the doctor came in the room and said it was time for a C-section. The first thing I did was call grandma & she rushed up to the hospital. As I was being wheeled down the hall Almost to the operating room Grandma came through the doors just in time. During the C-section Grandma stood up and watched you take your first breath and she said you were beautiful. Then we both heard your first cry. I then started to cry because I knew I did everything I could and now it was your turn to fight to live. You were born at 32 weeks and you weighed 4lbs 5oz and was 23 inches long. As I watched them wheel you out of the room to NICU my heart broke because I wished to of had more time with you. A month later  you were all cleared to come home and you were let out the day of your baby shower. Now on this day you turn 13 and are entering your teens. Where did time go? You will always be my fighting baby boy. Happy Birthday Alex.


7 comments:

  1. Hi. this comment isn't related to this post, but i didnt know where to put it. I wanted to say thanks, outside of the giveaway comments, for having such neat giveaways. you review and offer for giveaway many things that are right up my alley. i look forward to checking your blog to see what is next and new. thanks for doing such a great job. i hope you have a great day. - amy marantino (tigger27_27 at hotmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, your son is a handsome fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think "Miracle Baby" is too strong a term.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and your family had a great time over the holidays!!! Wishing you a great new year too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time really is very fast... we were just holding them in our arms... and now they are walking on their own... but because we are moms... they are and forever will be our baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very brave and your son is cute. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete